Thursday 2 May 2013

April favourites!! | demiDOODLES

Where did April go?!




It's the 2nd of May already.. where has this year gone can somebody please tell me! On the other hand, I'm super excited because i can learn to drive next month!!! can i get a wooop wooop!!!!!

I feel like i have abandoned my blog and that's not good enough, I'm on my laptop almost everyday and read all the people i follow's new posts but never find the time to update my own:(

So although i have exams coming up this month and in June, i am going to blog more. I don't want to force myself to do it because that takes the fun out of it for me and you readers but if i can get myself into some sort of blogging routine i will be happy!

Anyway, onto today's post 'April Favourites'.


I have a few bits that i have used throughout April and really enjoyed so here we go


1.  I bought this on a bit of an experimental whim, i saw almost everyyyone talking about it in such a good way and it was £1 so i had to get my mitts on it. Its the Original Source lemon and tea tree shower gel and holy moly it smells so good, just like lemon curd (but trust me when i say it doesn't taste like lemon curd- yuckkkk)! It's extremely refreshing and feels good on the skin. I use it in the morning before school and work and it wakes me up so quickly and i just love it.


2. Every pay day i seem to order myself new Essie polishes, my collection just gets bigger and bigger and i now have a grand total of 7 or 8 polishes from this brand. I love their colour selection and although they are on the pricey side, they are amazing quality. They have flat brushes mixed with a smooth polish consistency which just glide across your nails. My favourite this month is called "we're in it together", and when it arrived in the post i literally just felt like a little girl again. Thoughts of Tinkerbell rushed into my head and it felt so good. It's a candyfloss pink but also has pink, purple and blue undertone shimmer/glitter inside. Perfect for spring and summer!


3. Next is my favourite perfume/scent of the month, usually in the spring and summer months i prefer fruity body mists but this perfume from River Island smells too good to not wear all the time. It's the River Island 'Paris' perfume and it's just lush.


4. Since I've been trying to look after my hair to prevent split ends and dryness, i took it upon myself to invest in a heat protecting spray to put on my hair before using my hair dryer, straighteners and curling tongs. This is the first one I've tried and it's the only one i need to try. It smells good, does what its supposed to and gives my hair a healthy shine afterwards. I got the travel size and will definitely re-purchase in full size if i can find it!

5. As some of you know, I've been experimenting with foundations and I'm also a big fan of MUA (make up academy) so when i found the illuminating foundation for under £3 i had to say yes. I'm really glad i did because its light and gives a nice coverage.


6. Last but definitely not least is the MUA Undress Me Too natural eyeshadow palette. It's made up of shimmer, matte and nude colours perfect for subtle looks and dramatic smokey eyes as well. I used this in my prom video that will be on my youtube channel extremely soon (here) to match my dress. The palette is so versatile and I've even used one of the shades to fill in my eyebrows!


So there are my favourites, what were your favourite things throughout April?

Demi  X X X


No comments:

Post a Comment