If you follow me on twitter, you may already know that a few days ago i was given some white-ish levi's jeans.. Only problem being is that they were slightly not long enough for my legs and flared/boot cut which i don't really like, so me being a diy addict, i decided to cut them up ready for the summer..
On my computer i have a big photo album of loads of different diy projects and customising I'd like to try out as well as on my pinterest, so i had a little browse through them and remembered saving a picture of denim shorts with a tribal aztec elephant print on them and thought they would look so cute in the summer. So down i sat with my acrylic paint (if you do this i advise using fabric paint as I'm not sure if the acrylic will last!), a paintbrush, scissors, pencil and my jeans..
1. First off i marked where i wanted to cut them, folded them over and cut along the line so both legs were symmetrical
2. Next i frayed the bottoms so they had a vintage/distressed look to them using a sharp nail art tool, you can use a sewing stitch picker thing (if you know what that is by my amazing description;) ) -anything small and sharp!
3. After that i used my pencil to draw on my design so i knew where i wanted to be painting
4. Using my black acrylic paint and a thin paintbrush i started to fill in the lines i had created until i had gone over all of the pencil
5. Leave the paint to dry and there you have it.. tribal aztec elephant shorts!
These are a great way to customise your favourite jeans/old jeans that don't fit you anymore etc, would be gorgeous for the festivals in the summer etc!
Hope you like my little diy project, how have you customized your denim shorts in the past? and what types of shorts will you be wearing in summer 2013?!